Your business and economy news reporter
Provided by AGPMaldivian officials confirmed that the operation ended Wednesday following several days of coordinated underwater search efforts involving local forces and international specialists.
According to reports, the mission included personnel from the Maldives National Defence Force Coast Guard, the Maldives Police Service, and a team of Finnish technical divers deployed with support from the Italian government.
Officials said all five victims were discovered inside an underwater cave system where the group had been diving when the incident occurred. Recovery efforts were carried out in stages due to difficult underwater conditions, with two bodies retrieved earlier and the remaining two recovered shortly afterward.
Chief Government Spokesperson Mohamed Hussain Shareef told a news agency that formal identification procedures are now underway for the recovered individuals.
Authorities are also working with Italian officials and diplomatic representatives to arrange the repatriation of the victims to Italy.
Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the
information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept
any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images,
videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information
contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright
issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.
Legal Disclaimer:
EIN Presswire provides this news content "as is" without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the author above.